- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 150 -200 g firm white fish of choice
- 1/4 small or half a medium pineapple
- 1 spring onion
- 1 small piece of fresh turmeric (if available)
- 1 small knob of fresh ginger
- About 2 – 3 firm, crisp lettuce leaves (cos or romaine lettuce works well)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Finely sliced spinach leaves or 1/2 cup baby spinach
- Smart Carbs
- I count pineapple as my carbs in this dish, but one could add chickpeas or black beans for extra carbs as needed.
- Healthy Fats
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices and extras
- 1/2 tsp Asijiki (or other) Turmeric
- 1/2 half tsp Asijiki (or other) ground ginger
- Garlic salt/ Asijiki Spice it Nice
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Dish or bag to marinate fish in.
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Grater with a very fine side
- Frying pan
- Measuring spoons
- Processor or pestle and mortar
- Peel and finely grate the fresh ginger and turmeric
- Mix the olive oil, the turmeric and ginger, a pinch garlic salt or Spice it Nice and the salt and pepper. (If you did not use fresh turmeric and ginger then use a level tsp powdered turmeric and half a tsp ginger powder).
- Place your fresh fish in a dish and coat with the above marinade, covering all sections.
- Finely chop your spring onions.
- Peel and finely chop your pineapple, blend briefly with the spring onions in a blender to combine or mash together with a pestle and mortar.
- Season to taste.
- If you are using fresh spinach leaves, de-stem and slice them finely.
wash, dry and separate your lettuce leaves so that they are ready to be used as ‘tacos’
- Halve your cherry tomatoes.
- Heat your frying pan and fry the fish for a few minutes on each side until it flakes apart easily.
- Remove from the heat and break it up into bite-size pieces.
- Allow to cool.
- This is a lovely dish to serve on platters so that everybody can help themselves. Just provide a platter of lettuce leaves, a bowl of cherry tomatoes and chopped spinach or baby leaves and a bowl of the pineapple salsa for people to help themselves
- Nourishing summer lightness at it’s best.
- Serve with a bowl of fresh lemon slices.