Updated 30th June 2021
Reference in this policy to “we”, “us”, “our”, or any similar terms is to Sleekgeek South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
Sleekgeek Products and Services
Sleekgeek’s Data Subjects are typically individuals or entities:
- requesting information on our Health and Fitness Coaching Programs or Challenges
- registering for inclusion in one of our Health and Fitness Coaching Programs or Challenges
- requesting information on, or engaging our services for Corporate Wellness Programs
- purchasing Sleekgeek merchandise and products
- subscribing to our Community Newsletter
We act as the Responsible Party for the processing of our Data Subject’s Personal Information in order to provide these services to you.
- How we collect Personal Information
- What Personal Information we collect
- Website Links
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Electronic Communications
- Payment Services
- Social Media
- Data Accuracy and Completeness
- Security of Personal Information
- Transborder Flow of Personal Information
- Retention of Personal Information
- Data Subject Rights
- Data Breaches
- Privacy Queries
- Information Officer
How We Collect Personal Information
Sleekgeek will collect Personal Information:
- when you provide it to us when you sign up for and purchase a Sleekgeek product or service, such as a Health and Fitness Coaching Program or Challenge, via our website
- when you submit it to us through surveys, competitions and promotions advertised on our website, Facebook or other social media platform
- when you communicate with us or we obtain feedback from you by email, chat, telephone, social media communication tool (such as Facebook Messenger), our website forms, or any other means of communication
- when you register for any events, workshops or seminars via email, our website, social media channels or in response to any other electronic communications
- when you subscribe to the Sleekgeek Community Newsletter via our website
- when you purchase our products and merchandise through the Sleekgeek online store
- when we obtain information from third parties to verify and conclude transactions with you
- when you access or use our website or online store
- when you apply for employment or to engage in a business partnership with us
We may also collect your Personal Information from third party sources and third parties including business partners with whom we offer co-branded services or engage in joint marketing activities (such as Adidas and ProCoach) to the extent that this is permitted by applicable law.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browser, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Information by using cookies, server logs, Google Analytics and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
What Personal Information We Collect
In order to provide our products and services, we may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Telephone number (mobile or landline number)
- Country of residence
- Physical or Postal address (delivery address)
- Technical and website usage information
Testimonials and Success Stories
We may also collect certain health information, photos, and testimonials from you should you agree to share this with us. Should you also agree, we may share this information publicly in Sleekgeek Social Media and Community Groups, in our Newsletters, or on our Website. This is done to inspire our community with success stories, and promote our belief system, methodologies, programs and challenges. We will only collect and publish this information with your explicit and informed consent, and you may withdraw consent to having this information shared publicly at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer (or other devices) when you visit a website. Cookies (and other similar technologies) help us give you the best experience of using our website. Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A Cookie in no way gives us access to your computer, device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
For information on how to delete or reject cookies, you can consult the “help” function within your browser, or visit www.allaboutcookies.org, where you will also find more information about cookies generally.
When you visit our website or enter into certain transactions via our website, you could be directed to other websites that are beyond our control. These websites may send their own cookies to you, collect data or request personal information in performance of a service. We do not control the Privacy Policies of these Third Parties and we cannot be held liable for the use of any Personal Information provided by you for any reason whatsoever.
Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for one or more of the following purposes:
- to register you and enroll you in one of our Coaching Programs or Challenges
- to connect you with one of our Coaches or Team Leaders
- to communicate with you regarding the products or services you have requested us to provide to you
- to subscribe you to our Community Newsletter
- to respond to your enquiries or customer service requests
- to resolve any disputes or respond to any complaints
- to better manage our business and our relationship with you
- to conduct administrative and business functions
- to verify that payments for our products and services have been processed
- to have merchandise purchased from us delivered to you
- to update our records and keep your Personal Information up to date
- to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services
- to notify you about promotions, benefits and changes to our products and services
- to collect and publish testimonials and feedback on our products and services
- to register you for any events, seminars or workshops
- to enable you effectively to use and to improve our website
- to compile website usage statistics
- to assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation
Where necessary to protect our legal rights and interests, or the interests of others, we may also use Personal Information in relation to legal claims, compliance with other local regulations or regulations in other countries or jurisdictions, audits, risk management, law enforcement processes, and other regulatory functions.
Sharing Of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information with:
- any person that works for Sleekgeek, either full time or part time
- any business partner that is under contract to Sleekgeek to assist with the provision of our services, such as Coaches or Team Leaders
- companies, organisations and entities that provide services to us, including in relation to technical infrastructure, marketing and analytics, and web development
- third party service providers that assist us with fulfilling transactions and services that you have requested and consented to, such as payment service providers, communication providers, or courier companies
- suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our products and/or services
- our professional advisers, consultants and other similar services
- legal and regulatory authorities, upon request, or for the purposes of reporting any actual or suspected breach of applicable law or regulation
- any relevant party, law enforcement agency or court, to the extent necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights
- any relevant party for the purposes of the prevention, investigation, detection or prosecution of criminal offences or the execution of criminal penalties, including, but not limited to, safeguarding against and the prevention of threats to public security
We will otherwise treat your Personal Information as private and confidential and will not share it with other parties except:
- Where you have given permission
- Where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with any law or regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, or others
When we engage with business partners, third party service providers or affiliates that process your Personal Information in order to provide services to you or to facilitate the procurement of a product that you have requested from us, these entities will:
- be subject to binding contractual obligations to only process such Personal Information in accordance with our prior written instructions or contractual agreement with them
- use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of such Personal Information entrusted to them
- advise us as soon as possible after the detection of any breaches, unauthorised access or loss of any of the Personal Information of our Data Subjects so that we may act swiftly, appropriately and in accordance with our Data Breaches statement below
In order for us to provide you with information about the products and services you have purchased, you accept and agree that:
- Any communication, agreement, or notice relating to your purchase shall be provided to you electronically via the email address provided to SleekGeek
- You will have access to the necessary hardware and software to receive, access, and retain electronic communications sent to you with regards to our products and services
- Communication sent to the email address provided will be deemed to have been received by you
Sleekgeek utilises the Third Party Communication Providers MailChimp and MailerLite to deliver electronic communications to their Data Subjects and these providers operate outside of the Republic of South Africa. The Personal Information provided to Sleekgeek in order to engage our services, receive our products, subscribe to our Community Newsletter and receive all electronic communications in relation to our products and services is, thus, shared with these Third Party Communication Providers, and processed and stored within their Data Centres in their relevant countries. Should you not wish to have your Personal Information processed by these Third Parties in these countries, nor outside of the Republic of South Africa, Sleekgeek may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving electronic communications from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but should you withdraw consent, you may not receive further communications regarding any current or future purchases from us.
Sleekgeek Community Newsletter
Sleekgeek has a Community Newsletter which members of the public may subscribe to free of charge in order to receive relevant health and fitness information and inspire individuals to keep track with their health and fitness goals. Individuals who wish to subscribe to the Sleekgeek Community Newsletter may do so via the Sleekgeek website and, upon subscribing, consent to Sleekgeek collecting and processing their Name, Surname and Email address in order to receive this newsletter.
Individuals may unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by emailing email@example.com.
Sleekgeek has contracted Payment Service Providers (PSP) PayGenius and PayFast in order for our Data Subjects to process payments for the products and services listed on our website and Online Store. We do not collect, process, store or share any banking or financial information of our Data Subjects ourselves as this is done by the PSP’s utilising their own secure and PCI Compliant Payment Gateways. Sleekgeek only receives notification of the completed financial transaction from the PSP utilizing an identifier unique to the Data Subject (normally the Data Subject’s email address). We utilise this Personal Information to verify the completion of the transaction in order to proceed with the provision of the product or service to you.
For payments made through these entities, you are engaging with them separately in your own personal capacity and the PSPs are the Responsible Parties of the personal, banking, financial and any other information which you provide them for the purpose of making any payments. PayGenius and PayFast are both registered South African Financial Institutions and operate within the Republic of South Africa. For further information regarding their payment services, privacy and security, or if you have any payment related queries or concerns, please contact them directly through the contact methods specified on their websites.
In order to purchase our products and services, you will need to provide accurate and up to date personal and banking Information requested by these PSPs to effect payment. Should you not wish to provide this information to these PSPs, we may not be able to conclude any transactions with you and provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Sleekgeek also operates and communicates through our channels, groups, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, help and engage with our customers, and to promote our products and services. These channels, groups, pages and accounts are public and any of the users of the social media sites on which we operate may subscribe or join.
When subscribing to or joining the Sleekgeek channels, groups, pages or accounts via a social media platform, please note the following:
- the general public can access and read any personal information posted or shared by anyone on these sites
- we are not responsible for any personal information posted or shared by users on these sites other than the information posted by our designated officials
- we do not endorse the social media sites themselves, nor any information posted on them by third parties or other users
When you engage with us through social media, your personal information may be processed by the site owner. This processing occurs outside of our control and may take place in a country outside South Africa that may have different privacy regulations.
We regularly update and monitor our social media channels, groups, pages and accounts and welcome feedback sent to us through these sites. We try to join and encourage conversations whenever possible but cannot guarantee that we will read or reply to all messages sent to any of our official social media channels, groups, pages and accounts and/or associated business partners. Relevant feedback on these social media sites, including the details of the individuals who posted comments, may be shared within the Company for consideration, but we cannot guarantee that any feedback or suggestions will be acted upon by us.
Sleekgeek utilises WhatsApp Groups to communicate with Data Subjects who have enrolled in our Health and Fitness Coaching Programs or Challenges. We will never add you to a WhatsApp Group without your consent. We will provide you with a link to the Sleekgeek WhatsApp group relevant to you, and you may decide whether you would like to join the group or not.
WhatsApp is a third party communication provider and is in no way affiliated to Sleekgeek, nor is the communication platform in any way under our control. Should you decide to join the Sleekgeek WhatsApp group and click the link to join the group, you are consenting to WhatsApp LLC collecting, processing, storing and sharing the Personal Information you provide (including your WhatsApp Profile Name, your Phone Number and your profile photograph) in order to facilitate the communication service.
When utilising joining a Sleekgeek WhatsApp group, it is important to note the following:
- the above Personal Information you provide to WhatsApp will be visible to all other members of the Sleekgeek group by virtue of how the WhatsApp platform and group chat service works
- although this Personal Information may be visible to group members, members may not store or share this information, nor contact other members directly for any reason without their consent. Should any members of any Sleekgeek WhatsApp groups contravene this, please contact the administrator of the group or email Sleekgeek directly
- should Data Subjects not wish to have their Personal Information processed by WhatsApp LLC (or its subsidiaries) nor shared with other members on the Sleekgeek WhatsApp groups, then they will not be able to make use of the WhatsApp Group communication service administered by Sleekgeek and should either Exit the Group themselves, request to be removed from the group by the Group Administrator, or email Sleekgeek directly
For any queries or concerns relating specifically to Sleekgeek WhatsApp Groups, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery of Merchandise
Sleekgeek utilises FastWay Couriers and The Courier Guy to deliver Sleekgeek merchandise purchased via our online store or won by our customers during events, competitions and challenges. In order to fulfill these deliveries, we are obliged to provide these companies with your Name, Surname, Delivery Address and Phone Number. You consent to us providing your Personal Information to these companies in order to receive the Sleekgeek merchandise and agree to provide Personal Information that is up to date and accurate in order for these deliveries to be fulfilled.
Data Accuracy and Completeness
All Personal Information you provide to Sleekgeek via our website, or any other methods of collection as outlined above, should be accurate, complete, and up to date. Should your Personal Information change, it is your responsibility to notify us of the change and provide us with up to date information.
Where indicated via our methods of collection such as on our website forms, our online shop or through our payment services providers, it is obligatory for you to provide accurate Personal Information to enable us to provide you with our products and services. Should you decline to provide such information or should the information you provide be incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the product or services you requested.
Security Of Personal Information
Sleekgeek places great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We make use of appropriate and up to date organisational and technical security measures to protect all Personal Information in our possession. We regularly review our security measures and ensure all Employees and Business Partners are trained to handle Personal Information securely, with the utmost respect, and in compliance with POPIA.
Transborder Flow Of Personal Information
You may withdraw your consent to us Processing your information across borders, however this may mean that we are no longer able to offer our products or services to you.
Retention Of Personal Information
Sleekgeek’s products and services are typically not available to individuals under the age of 18 (children) unless specifically stated otherwise. In the event that we do provide Health and Fitness products or services to individuals under the age of 18, the parent or legal guardian of the child must assist in the purchase of the product or service, consent to the processing of the child’s Personal Information, and confirm that they are legally accepting the terms and conditions, and policies provided by Sleekgeek on the child’s behalf, and indemnify Sleekgeek to the fullest extent permitted by law with regards to the processing of their child’s Personal Information.
Upon registering for our Health and Fitness Coaching Programs or Challenges, Sleekgeek does request that the Data Subject confirms that they are over the age of 18 in order to ascertain that they are of legal age to register and enroll in the Coaching Program or Challenge.
Sleekgeek has no control over whether children under the age of 18 visit our website and view our content or subscribe to our newsletter and any activity in this regard undertaken by a Data Subject under the age of 18 should be done so with the consent of their parent or legal guardian.
Data Subject Rights
The Personal Information Sleekgeek collects, and the ways in which we use it, are necessary for us to provide our products and services to you. You may request access to any and all the Personal Information that Sleekgeek has in their possession about you upon provision of sufficient proof and verification of your identity.
You have the right to:
- Request your Personal Information – This allows you to receive a copy of all your personal information held by us and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correct your Personal Information – This allows you to have any of your incomplete or inaccurate information corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information that you provide.
- Delete your Personal Information – This allows you to request that we delete or remove your personal information where there is no justifiable reason for us to continue processing the information. In addition, you have the right to request us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information in order to comply with a legal requirement. Please note that for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information – You may object to our processing of your information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may be able to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Information – This allows you to request that we suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the accuracy of the information
- where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it
- where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims
- you have objected to our use of your information but we need to establish whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Information – You may withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before the withdrawal of your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
The above rights are limited in some situations, such as where we are legally required to process or store your data, and may limit your ability to use our products and services. We will advise you about this at the time of your Data Subject Access Request and taking into consideration the type of request.
In order to enact your Data Subject Access Request, you will normally not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to assist us to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request in order to speed up our response.
We will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days. Occasionally it may take us longer than this if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests, in which case, we will notify you of the delay and keep you updated.
If you would like to exercise any of your Data Subject Rights, please contact us at email@example.com with your request.
As a Responsible Party, Sleekgeek will notify you and the relevant supervisory authority as soon as we become aware of any data breach that is likely to result in the unauthorised access or exfiltration of any of your Personal Information or which may result in any risks to your privacy rights and freedoms.
Sleekgeek’s Information Officer is:
Name: Eric Chowles (Co-Founder Sleekgeek South Africa (Pty) Ltd)
Phone Number: +27 (0)84 843 4422