- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 4 women or 2 men (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Smoked salmon, trout or canned salmon (about 120g)
- 6 eggs
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- Chopped spinach and parsley
- Cherry tomatoes
- Smart Carbs
- Serve with sweet potato toast (1 potato)
- Healthy Fats
- 1 Tblsp coconut oil plus tsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Asijiki spice it nice
- Course ground black pepper
- Watercress or parsley for garnish
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Muffin pan with large cups
- Greaseproof paper squares (15 cm x 15 cm)
- Spray and cook
- Cutting board
- Turn oven to 180’C
- Peel and slice 1 big sweet potato in 5-7 mm slice and brush with olive oil.
- Place greaseproof squares in muffin tin cups and press into place.
- Slice ribbons of salmon or trout and divide between the 4 muffin cups.
- Divide the spring onions between the 4 muffin cups.
- Beat 6 whole eggs well and pour the egg over the filling, each cup full 3/4.
- Grind over black pepper, salt and sprinkle with spice it nice (or other favourite spice)
- Put the sweet potato slices in a small baking sheet.
- Place both the sweet potato and the muffins in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Check if they are cooked and remove from the oven (egg muffins can still be slightly soft to touch in the middle because they continue cooking when removed from the oven)
- Remove the egg muffins from the greaseproof and serve on a serving plate.
- Garnish with sprigs of watercress and some cherry tomatoes.