- Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double the portion sizes for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 100 – 125g lean beef mince
- 2 – 3 spring onions
- 1/4 punnet button/portabello/brown mushrooms
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Baby spinach (optional)
- Smart Carbs
- 1/4 cup uncooked healthy brown rice
- Healthy Fats
- 20 g brazil nuts or almonds, even a mix is fine
- 1 tsp good butter or olive oil
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Course salt
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves
- Asijiki ‘spice it nice’ (or garlic salt will work nicely)
- Asijiki meat spice (or meat spice of choice)
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Spice grinder or pestle and mortar
- Frying pan
- Prepare your rice as per instructions on packet.
- Chop the spring onions.
- Slice the mushrooms
- Spice the lean mince with salt, meat spice, and pepper to taste.
- Roll the mince into ‘golf ball’ sized balls.
- Fry the meatballs in the frying pan until they are cooked through, remove from the pan.
- Add the spring onion and mushrooms to the pan and fry until cooked.
- Strain any excess water from the cooked rice and add the mushroom and spring onion mix, mix through well and adjust seasoning to taste.
- In a clean frying pan, add the Tblsp butter or olive oil and quickly fry the sage leaves until just crisp.
- In a grinder, or with a pestle and mortar grind a half a tsp coarse salt, the nuts of choice and the clove of garlic together and add the parsley.
- Plate the rice mixture
- Top with the meatballs
- Sprinkle the nutty garlic/parsley mix over the top.
- Garnish with the tasty, crispy little sage leaves