- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 chopped spring onion
- Smart Carbs
- Half a sweet potato cut into slices
- Healthy Fats
- 3 tsp cream cheese
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Pinch baking powder
- 1/2 tsp tapioca flour/ cornflour
- Pinch mustard powder
- Pinch garlic powder
Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Small waffle iron
- Wash and slice the sweet potato and cut 2 or 3 slices of about 7mm thickness.
- Heat the waffle iron and spray with spray and cook or wipe over with coconut oil (watch out for extra fat.)
- Place the sweet potato slices in the iron while you prep the eggs and other ingredients.
- Beat the two eggs well.
- Chop the tomato into small pieces.
- Slice the spring onion finely and add to the egg mixture along with a pinch of baking powder, mustard powder and a pinch of garlic powder.
- Add the half tsp tapioca flour/cornflour and whisk the egg mixture again.
- Remove the cooked potato slices from the waffle iron and set aside.
- Add the beaten egg mixture to the very hot waffle iron.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for a few minutes until it looks firm, crisp on edges and comes away from the iron easily.
- Turn egg waffle out onto your serving dish.
- Top with your chopped fresh tomato.
- Dollop 3 level tsp cream cheese on top.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with the sweet potato toast.