- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman or double recipe for a man (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Half a cup cottage cheese
- Half a serving chocolate whey
- Half a cup almond milk
- 200 ml frozen, cooked beetroot puree
- Smart Carbs
- Beetroot serves as a carbohydrate in this recipe and there are carbohydrates in the whey
- Healthy Fats
- 1 Tblsp ground linseeds
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Sweetener if desired
- Extra water
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Ice cube trays
- Roasting pan
- Measuring cups
- The day before: Bake the beetroots at 180’C for 1 hour until soft in the middle.
- Rinse in cold water and peel off the skin. Blend the beets till smooth and scoop into ice trays and freeze. Keep a stash of frozen beetroot cubes in your freezer for quick smoothies on the run.
- On the day: Place 4 or 5 beetroot cubes, the almond milk, whey, ground linseeds/ flaxseeds, water and half the cottage cheese in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Add extra water to get a drinkable consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass.
- Mix the remaining half of the cottage cheese with a sweetener of choice for the topping and swirl it through to look appetizing.
- Add a cube of frozen beetroot, cut in half as ice cubes.