- Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
- Serves: 1 woman or double recipe for a man (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Pork chop of choice, trimmed of excess fat.
- Broccoli spears
- Tblsp chopped onion
- Tblsp chopped parsley
- Carrots (5 small or 1 big carrot, chopped)
- Healthy Fats
- Tblsp olive oil
- Smart Carbs
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice (can use fresh red grape juice if necessary)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Salt (I used Asijiki Pink Himalayan)
- Balsamic vinegar
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Frying pan
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Season the pork chop with some salt, pepper and meat spice (Asijiki meat spice is nice!)
- Put a saucepan of water with some salt added on the hotplate to boil.
- Heat the frying pan and add the olive oil. When very hot sear the chop for 2 minutes on each side, then fry for another few minutes until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the little carrots/ carrot batons and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the water has almost all evaporated.
- Add the onions, parsley and pomegranate juice, a splash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of thyme to the pan with the remaining juices and stir to mix all the flavours.
- Simmer until the liquid reduces and becomes a little stickier. Remove from the heat and add the pork chop back into the pan. Cover to keep warm.
- Boil your broccoli for between 5 and 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the stems you chose. Drain well.
- Plate your chop with the broccoli next to it.
- Scoop out the carrots and plate alongside the meat.
- Spoon the sticky, delicious pomegranate pan juices over the meat and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds.