- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman, double up ingredients for a male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 2 eggs
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 lemon or lime
- Half a yellow pepper
- Tblsp fresh chopped parsley or coriander (or mix the two)
- Smart Carbs
- 1/2 cup of cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 Tblsp tapioca flour
- Healthy Fats
- Half an avocado
- 1/2 Tblsp ground linseeds
- Herbs, spices and extras
- 1 heaped tsp activated charcoal (optional) for black colour
- Spray and cook
- Asijiki ‘spice it nice’
- Asijiki pink salt
- White pepper
- Ground mustard seeds/ mustard powder
- Find your Sleekgeek Asijiki Brands spices over here
- Crepe pan
- Measuring cups
- Frying pan
- Greaseproof paper
- Mixing spoon
- Pinch baking powder
- Bake or steam a sweet potato ahead of time and scoop out the inside soft flesh (should equal a cupful).
- Mix your heaped tsp charcoal powder with Tblsp boiling water. (optional for black colour)
- Add the charcoal, tapioca flour and ground linseeds to the mashed potato and mix well.
- Lightly flour a piece of greaseproof paper and pat out the mixture on it.
- Lightly flour the top of the mixture and cover with another piece of greaseproof paper.
- Gently roll out the mixture into a roundish shaped wrap, about 5mm thin.
- Allow the wrap to rest in the fridge.
- Finely chop your yellow pepper and your parsley.
- Cube your avocado and halve the cherry tomatoes
- Mix the tomatoes, avocado, peppers and parsley together and squeeze over the juice of a whole lime or lemon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your crepe pan and spray generously with spray and cook.
- Carefully remove the greaseproof paper and flip the wrap into the pan, cook on one side until the wrap loosens from the pan and starts to bubble up a bit, then flip and cook the other side. Remove from the heat so as not to overcook or dry out. Set aside.
- Heat your frying pan.
- Beat the eggs together with a whisk and add a pinch of mustard powder, baking powder and a Tblsp of water. Beat well.
- Scramble the eggs, stirring all the time until they are beginning to set. Take off the heat and cover with a lid while still soft and creamy.
- Place your wrap on the plate and spoon the scrambled egg on one half.
- Season with a sprinkle of ‘spice it nice’ and flip the other half of the wrap over gently.
- Generously top the filled wrap with the tomato, avocado mixture.