Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner.
- 120g beef chuck or steak, cubed
- Half an onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1 spring onion
- chopped cucumber
- SMART CARBS
- 1/3 cup sweet potato, cubed
- Half a cup of boiled brown rice
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Tbsp olive or Coconut oil for frying
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- Tbsp red curry paste
- 1 lemon or lime (zest and juice)
- 1 cm fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chili (optional)
- 500 ml of beef stock
- 100ml coconut milk
- generous Tbsp chopped coriander
- Cutting board
- Frying pan (deep)
- Quickly fry the beef cubes on high heat just to seal in the juices, remove them from the pan, and set them aside.
- In the same pan add the chopped onion, garlic, red curry paste, chopped ginger, lemon zest, and juice and fry to release and mingle all the flavours.
- Add the beef cubes and the sweet potato cubes with the 2 cups of beef stock. (add some fresh chili for an extra kick).
- Allow to simmer until the potato feels cooked and a lot of the beef stock has cooked away.
- Add the half a cup of coconut milk and allow to simmer and reduce till the sauce thickens slightly. Add the chopped coriander and stir through.
- Plate up your warmed brown rice and spoon the delicious curry onto the plate. Serve with the fresh, simple side salad.