Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner.
- 100 chopped, skinless chicken breast
- Tbsp sugar-free peanut butter
- 1 carrot, cut with a peeler into bite-sized ribbons
- 1 cup thinly shredded red cabbage
- 1 peeled and segmented naartjie/satsuma
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- SMART CARBS
- Half a cup of pre-cooked and cooled brown rice.
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1/4 avocado pear, diced
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Juice from one orange
- Hot sauce/chili sauce
- Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- Chopping board
- In a blender mix the peanut butter, garlic, vinegar, a few drops of hot sauce, salt pepper, and a generous squeeze of orange juice. Blend.
- Pour the peanut dressing into the bottom of the salad jar.
- Next, add in your layer of carrot ribbons, then shredded cabbage.
- Remove the pith and skin from your satsuma segments and pop them in the jar on top of the red cabbage.
- Peel and slice your avocado and squeeze some orange juice over it to prevent browning. Put the avocado slices in the jar.
- Top off with the chopped spring onion/chives.
- Add the diced chicken and Tbsp chopped peanuts (optional)
- Lastly, spoon the pre-cooked, cooled brown rice on top.
- Seal the jar. This will keep well in the fridge for 3 days.
- Turn the jar upside down and empty out onto a plate. Enjoy!
Note: This salad has a higher fat content than usual because peanut butter forms part of the protein portion.