Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner.
- 1 palm-size cooked, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 yellow pepper
- 2 radish
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- !/2 a lemon for juice
- SMART CARBS
- 1/3 cup canned or pre-boiled chickpeas
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa (preferably red for colour). You can use corn, wild or brown rice here instead.
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Tbsp olive oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch salt
- small pinch mustard powder
- 2/3 cup water
- Cutting board
- Cup measures
- small pot
- Heat the 3/4 cup of water to boiling point, add a pinch of salt and a pinch of curry powder. lastly, add the quinoa and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- While you wait you can cut your cherry tomatoes in half, thinly slice your yellow pepper, slice your red onion, thinly slice the radishes, slice the celery and wash the baby spinach.
- In a little cup mix the olive oil and the juice of half a lemon, add seasoning to taste.
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and drain if there is any excess water. Put a cover over the little pot and let it stand for a few minutes, then cool it completely before using.
- Pour the oil and lemon salad dressing into the bottom of the salad jar.
- Put your quinoa in next.
- Then add the halved cherry tomatoes, celery, and diced cucumber.
- Next, layer the yellow pepper, onion, and radish slices.
- On top of that add the chickpeas and the sliced chicken.
- Lastly, top off with your baby spinach leaves and seal the jar.
- This will keep well in the fridge for work lunches for 3 days!
- Simply turn the salad jar upside down and empty onto your plate.