Recommended for: Breakfast, lunch or light dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup Kale
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- SMART CARBS
- Serve with sweet potato toast or a slice of wholewheat bread
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- pinch garlic salt
- Chopping board
- Frying pan with a lid
- Slice the brussels sprouts into thin slices.
- Wash the kale and remove stalks, break into bite size pieces.
- Chop the spring onion finely.
- Heat the coconut/olive oil in the frying pan and fry the onion until just softening.
- Add the brussels sprouts, garlic salt, and seasonings and fry until softening, add the kale pieces and stir the vegetables until the kale wilts.
- Spread the greens evenly across the frying pan and make two hollows to crack the eggs into.
- First, crack the eggs into a cup and then transfer them into the hollows, one by one.
- As soon as the egg white is starting to cook through, and there is just a little on the top that still needs cooking, pop the lid on the pan and turn off the heat.
- The top of the eggs will steam to perfection.
- Carefully portion up the shakshouka from the pan and serve with some good, wholesome bread or sweet potato toast.