BEST FOR: Lunch or dinner
SERVES: 1 woman
- 100g tender beef strips for frying
- 30g Bulgarian yoghurt
- 1 small aubergine
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/2 a red onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mango or yellow peach
- 1/4 red chili
- SMART CARBS
- 1 small wholewheat wrap
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 1/4 tsp chili
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- salt and pepper
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- roasting dish
- Heat a frying pan and add 1 tsp oil. Season the steak strips with salt and pepper. Fry on high heat quickly, then remove from heat but keep warm.
- Cut up your onion and red pepper into chunks and spread them in a roasting pan that has been sprayed with olive oil.
- Slice the brinjal into 1cm slices and lay them in the roasting pan next to the chopped pepper and onions.
- Mix your remaining oil with the cumin, coriander, chili, and cayenne, some salt, and pepper, and drizzle the oil over the vegetables, carefully rubbing over all the pieces.
- Roast in the oven at 180’C until cooked through and crisping on edges.
- In the meantime, mix your finely chopped or blended mango/peach with the quarter chopped red chilli (or a half tsp chilli flakes) and the thinly sliced spring onion. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and stir it through.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven.
- Lay the wrap on the board and place the roast veg down the center.
- Add the beef strips on top.
- Spoon over some mango/ peach salsa and a spoon of yoghurt.
- Roll the wrap properly with the ends folded closed to carry the delicious ingredients.
- Serve cut in half on a bed of greens with extra little bowls of yoghurt and salsa alongside.
Note: It is worthwhile getting frozen mango chunks for this recipe if you cannot find fresh ones. The mango flavour is fantastic with the chili, aubergine, and beef!