BEST FOR: Lunch or dinner
SERVES: 1 woman
- 1 palm-sized, skinless, boneless chicken breast.
- Half a cup of red or black seedless grapes.
- A full cup of salad leaves.
- SMART CARBS
- Half a cup of hulled buckwheat
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil for frying
- 5 pecan nuts or almonds, broken up
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- A sprig of fresh rosemary
- Half a lemon
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Frying pan
- Small roasting pan
- Spray a small roasting pan or dish and layer the buckwheat on the bottom, pop it under the grill for a few minutes, rolling them around to roast evenly. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Slice up your chicken breast evenly and squeeze some lemon juice over the flesh. Chop up some fresh rosemary and add it to the chicken and lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and quickly fry your chicken pieces until just cooked through, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Wash your grapes and halve them.
- Chop up the nuts into small sprinkle pieces.
- Arrange the salad leaves in the bowl or on the platter.
- Add the chicken strips and the grapes.
- Sprinkle over the nuts and the roasted buckwheat.
- Squeeze over some extra lemon and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.