Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- 2 Haddock fillets
- 300g smooth cottage cheese
- 16 to 20 baby carrots or carrot sticks
- 4 celery sticks, cut in 5cm lengths and halved.
- 1 whole cucumber cut into 5cm long chunks and quartered
- 4 Sweet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced.
- SMART CARBS
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into thin slices
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 100g mixed seeds
- tsp olive oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- Half a lemon
- Handful of chives
- 1 cup of water
- 1 heaped Tbsp psyllium husk
- Black pepper (ground)
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Baking tray
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Preheat oven to 150’C.
- Place the haddock in a pan and simmer in a bit of water for a few minutes until the fish is easy to flake. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix the seeds with 200 ml water and the heaped Tbsp psyllium husk. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Wash and slice the sweet potatoes thinly and evenly, Drizzle with the tsp olive oil and rub each slice with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Grease/spray two oven sheets and line one of the oven sheets with baking paper.
- Spread the seed mixture as thinly and evenly as possible over the baking paper, covering it with another piece of baking paper and rolling the mixture out thinly between the two. Mark into squares.
- Lay the sweet potato crisps on the other greased/sprayed baking tray.
- Place the seed crackers and the sweet potato slices in the oven for 30 minutes. Check regularly.
- While the crackers and potato toast is baking, cut up your vegetables into fairly even-sized pieces that are easy to pick up and dip into the pate. Set aside, covered.
- Peel the skin off your cooled haddock and flake it into a bowl, taking care to remove any small bones.
- Add the cottage cheese and blend it to a smooth consistency.
- Chop the chives finely and add to the cottage cheese/haddock mixture.
- Remove the seed crackers from the oven.
- Turn the temperature up to 180’C to crisp the sweet potato toast (if it has not crisped already).
- Serve the pate into 4 individual bowls or 1 communal bowl surrounded by all the crudites (veg sticks).
- Serve the seed crackers and sweet potato toast on a board alongside it.
- Garnish with lemon wedges, chopped parsley and crushed black pepper.