Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: Makes about 6 wraps. 1 filled wrap is a woman’s serving.
- PROTEIN: (for 1 wrap)
- 3 Tbsp cottage cheese
- Half a small cooked chicken breast
- (Note that there is extra protein in lentils, but they are mostly carbohydrate)
- Spring onion
- Extra micro-greens if you choose
- SMART CARBS:
- 1 cup red split lentils
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Tbsp olive/coconut oil for frying (or opt to use spray and cook.
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- For the wrap mix: SEASON the wrap mix well.
- Garlic salt
- Chakalaka spice or any other favourite spice
- For the salad filling:
- Cutting board
- Non stick frying pan (crepe pan is best)
- Greaseproof paper
- Put one cup of red split lentils in a bowl and add 300 ml water. and leave to soak for a few hours (I leave mine overnight)
- Blend the mixture, as is, until smooth. If the mixture seems to be thicker than a normal pancake batter, add a little more water to get the right consistency.
- Be generous when adding spices at this point if you want a flavourful wrap.
- Spray the crepe pan with non stick spray, or use a little olive/coconut oil.
- Pour in a scoop of batter and proceed just as you would for pancakes, taking care to flip and cook both sides.
- Turn out of the pan and allow to cool.
- Break up your lettuce and slice your tomato thinly. Slice some spring onion.
- Shred your precooked chicken.
- Mix the cottage cheese with some herbs and spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the cottage cheese over the wrap.
- Arrange your lettuce, tomato, spring onion down the middle of the wrap.
- Gently fold the bottom of the wrap up a few cm’s (to keep the filling from falling out when you pick it up.
- Then fold one side over the filling and roll it up to hold the filling in.
- Stick the end down with a bit of the cottage cheese and a toothpick if need be until serving.
- Serve on a plate with some garnish and a few sugar snap peas.
NOTE: The wraps keep well in the fridge for 3 days, but need greaseproof between each wrap – and need to be covered well to prevent drying out.