Recommended for: Breakfast or Lunch
Serves: 1 female
- 1 egg
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- SMART CARBS
- 50g chickpea/ garbanzo flour (Just a bit less than half a cup measure)
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1/4 small avocado
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of water
- Waffle iron
- Small bowl
- Frying pan
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
NB: Prepare the waffle mix at least an hour ahead, but you can let it stand for up to 8 hours before using it.
- In a bowl, mix together the chickpea flour, oil, water, and salt, mix until smooth with no lumps. The mixture will be runny but will thicken on standing.
- When you are ready to prepare the meal, preheat the waffle iron.
- Cut your cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut your avocado and sprinkle a quarter with a bit of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spray your frying pan or use a little oil to grease it. Spry the waffle iron.
- Add a suitable scoop of your chickpea mix to the waffle iron. Allow the mix to spread, then close the iron.
- Briefly fry your cherry tomato halves till just cooked and remove from the pan.
- Check your waffle and remove it from the iron when it is cooked with slightly crispy edges.
- Fry your egg sunny side up until done to your preference.
- Plate the waffle. (I like to use an iron with small separate sections. Then I stack two squares on top of each other).
- Serve your egg on top and arrange the cherry tomatoes and avocado on the plate.