Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 1 cup mincemeat
- 1 leek
- Half a red pepper
- SMART CARBS
- 1 small-medium sweet potato (red, yellow or white)
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Quarter avocado
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- Pinch garlic salt
- Pinch salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch cracked black pepper
- Pinch chili powder
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Small oven dish
- Small bowl
- Preheat the oven to 180’C
- Bake the whole sweet potato, in the skin until it is soft and creamy in the middle (about 30 minutes)
- While the potato is baking, wash and slice your leek thinly and chop up half your red pepper.
- ‘Fry’ the leeks and pepper in a splash of hot water, add the chili powder and garlic salt.
- Add the mincemeat and fry until cooked through, making sure to work at it all the time while cooking to prevent clumps forming.
- Season to taste and set aside.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and add a squeeze of lemon juice, cracked black pepper, and salt.
- Split the sweet potato down the middle and give it a gentle squeeze at the bottom to bring the creamy flesh out of the skin a bit.
- Spoon the savoury mince in the middle.
- Top with the avocado