Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 1 small to medium chicken breast, skinned and deboned.
- 20g (6 month or more) matured cheddar cheese.
- You could serve this with a mixed salad.
- SMART CARBS:
- This would be great with two sweet potato wedges or 3 baby potatoes.
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- Pepper (ground black)
- Pinch dried Italian herbs or seasoning.
- Cutting board.
- Sharp knife
- Small oven dish
- Tablespoon measure
- Cut 3 or 4 slits in the chicken breast diagonally.
- Open each slit gently with your fingers and put a basil leaf and a sliver of cheese in each one.
- Drizzle over the Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and italian seasoning.
- Bake at 180’C for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. (HINT: when you pierce the chicken with a sharp skewer, the liquid that comes out is clear and not pinkish.)
- Plate your chicken breast and serve with a few potato wedges or 3 baby potatoes.
- Serve with a side salad.