Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves: 1 female
- Half a cup of Greek yoghurt OR
- 1 beaten egg (You can choose to either stir in one beaten egg when adding the rice in the last step of the recipe OR you can add half a cup of Greek yoghurt to the finished porridge.)
- 1 date
- 1/4 apple
- SMART CARBS
- Half a cup cooked brown rice
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Sweetener (optional)
- 1 dried cranberry and a few pieces flaked almond for garnish
- Small pot
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Peel and chop your apple and de pit and slice the date finely.
- Put the milk, cinnamon, the nut butter, the date and the apple pieces in the small pot and cook, stirring continually until the fruit pieces have softened.
- Add the half a cup of cooked brown rice and stir while it heats through. (this is when you would add a beaten egg for protein if you like).
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl and add a sweetener if desired.
- Sprinkle over the chopped cranberry and almond pieces for garnish.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt if you did not add an egg during cooking.