Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 1 small deboned and skinned chicken breast.
- 25g 6 months matured cheddar
- 1 Tbsp Bulgarian yogurt
- 2 baby marrows
- 1 leek
- SMART CARBS
- You can serve this with some sweet potato or savory rice.
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp coconut/olive oil
- HERBS, SPICES, AND EXTRAS:
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- pinch cumin
- pinch chili
- pinch garlic salt
- A splash red hot sauce
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Forks for shredding
- Small oven dish
- Bake your chicken breast and shred it.
- Wash and chop your leek.
- Crush a clove of garlic.
- Fry the leek and garlic and add the salt, pepper, cumin, chili, and garlic salt.
- Mix in the shredded chicken and half the grated cheddar.
- Wash the baby marrow and cut in half lengthways, then use the peeler to ‘slice’ thin layers.
- Overlap the baby marrow layers to make a 12 x 16cm rectangle (approximately).
- Spoon some of the chicken mixture at one end of the rectangle and carefully roll it up. Repeat until ingredients are used up.
- Sprinkle the last of the grated cheese on top (just a little bit)
- Bake at 180’C for 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and carefully use an egg lifter to lift the courgette/chicken rolls onto your serving dish.
- Drizzle over the yogurt and a splash of red hot sauce.