Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves: 1 female
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp low fat cottage cheese.
- 1 small baby marrow
- 1 smallish carrot
- Chopped parsley, basil and other herbs of choice.
- SMART CARBS
- 2 Tbsp oats
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil for frying
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- Vegetable spice
- Garlic salt (optional)
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Measuring spoons
- Grate your carrot and baby marrow, sprinkle with salt and put it in a sieve. Leave to stand for 5 minutes to release the excess water from the vegetables.
- Chop up your herbs and add them to the cottage cheese. Season to taste.
- Break your egg into a bowl and add the oats. Mix well.
- Squeeze out the grated carrot and baby marrow and add them to the egg/ oat mixture.
- Heat the frying pan and coat with the olive oil.
- When the pan is hot, add the mixture, one scoop at a time, to make two flapjacks.
- Fry on one side for about a minute and then flip it and fry on the other side until it is golden brown and cooked through (about a minute).
- Put the veggie flapjacks on the serving plate and top each one with some of the herby cottage cheese.
- Serve with a slice of lemon for garnish.