Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- Hand palm size ostrich steak
- 75g plain yoghurt
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped chives OR dill
- SMART CARBS
- new/ baby potatoes, boiled and peeled
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 tsp coconut oil for frying
- 1 tsp quality mayonnaise
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- tsp lemon juice
- Meat seasoning
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Small pot
- Frying pan
- Boil the new potatoes in water with half a tsp salt until a fork goes through easily.
- Season your steak with a meat spice of choice.
- Slice the cucumber thinly.
- Fry the steak for about 2.5 minutes each side or until desired readiness.
- Set the steak aside to rest.
- Cool the boiled potatoes under running water and rub the peels off.
- Slice the potatoes evenly and as thin as possible.
- Mix together the yoghurt, mayonnaise, finely chopped chives or dill, salt, pepper and the lemon juice.
- Neatly slice the steak and set on the plate.
- Serve the salad and garnish with a chive or a sprig of dill.
Simple, fresh, delicious.