Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- Chicken breast strips.
- 1 clove garlic
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes
- Half a chilli (optional)
- Half a tsp finely grated ginger
- Quarter onion, chopped finely
- SMART CARBS
- Half a medium sweet potato
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- Half a tsp turmeric
- Chicken spice (I like lemon and herb)
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Fine grater
- Garlic press
- Blender/hand blender
- Frying pan
- Medium pot
- Peel and cube the sweet potato.
- Deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- Gently steam the cherry tomatoes, garlic, ginger, chilli and onion in a little water until translucent.
- Add the potato cubes, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Add 1.5 cups of water and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Blend, adjust seasoning to taste and keep warm.
- Heat the frying pan and add the coconut oil.
- Fry the chicken strips quickly till just browning slightly and tender.
- Arrange the chicken strips on a bed of fresh edible salad leaves.
- Serve the soup into a bowl and place it next to the strips. Garnish with a few chopped green onions.