Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 1 cup raw mince.
- 1 big, beautiful red or yellow pepper
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- SMART CARBS
- 1/2 cup of preboiled / canned chickpeas
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- Asijiki meat spice or meat spice of your choice. (I also love adding a pinch of Asijiki chakalaka spice)
- Pinch chilli flakes.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cutting board
- small oven dish
- Sharp knife
- Frying pan
- Oven at 180’C
- Wash your pepper and cut off the top where the stalk is. Deseed it and trim out the excess white flesh. Set aside.
- Fry the chopped onion, chilli flakes and crushed garlic in half of the fat.
- Add the cup of raw mince and fry while constantly tossing and chopping it into fine mince, no clumps.
- Season with salt and pepper, meat spice and any other spices you wish to add.
- With the remaining oil gently brush over the outside of the pepper and use the last bits of oil to toss the chicpeas in so that they get a fine coating of oil around them.
- Season the chicpeas and pop them into the airfryer/oven for about 15 minutes until crispy.
- Position the pepper on a small roasting dish and stuff it with the mince mixture
- Pop into the oven with the chicpeas to bake for about 10 minutes. I like to take it out of the oven while the pepper is still just firm enough to hold its shape.
- Line a serving plate with greens and position your baked, stuffed pepper on top.
- Toss the crispy chicpeas on top of the mince.