If your smart carbs are ready and waiting in your fridge in half cup portions, all tasty and pre – roasted for lunch or dinner, it minimizes your chances of straying from your plan.
My favourite smart carb prep has to be diced sweet potatoes and butternut with a choice of seasoning.
Sometimes I season with cinnamon and ginger, sometimes with zesty lemon and herbs and sometimes with a sprinkle of brown onion soup powder and chili flakes. It always turns out delicious and satisfying.
- Simply peel your butternut and your sweet potato.
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Cut into even sized pieces and spread on a baking tray.
- Drizzle a Tbsp of coconut oil over the cubed pieces and gently toss them around to get a light and even coating of fat all over them.
- Season as you like (suggestions above).
- Bake at 180’C for about half an hour or until a fork slips easily through a cube.
- Allow to cool down.
- Portion and save for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.
Point of interest:
I even love these cold from the fridge added to my salads!