Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves: 1 female
- 1/2 serving vanilla whey
- 125 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 a cup cubed pineapple
- Half a cup finely grated carrot
- SMART CARBS
- 1/3 cup raw oats
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Tbsp finely chopped walnuts/pecans
- tsp ground linseeds
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Tbsp desiccated coconut (optional)
- sweetener of choice
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Measure the oats, spices, coconut, linseed, cottage cheese and whey and add it all to the blender.
- Add the finely grated carrot, keeping a generous Tbsp aside for garnish.
- Add half the pineapple, keeping aside a piece or two for garnish.
- Add sweetener if desired.
- Blend briefly if you want some texture or blend until smooth if you prefer.
- Garnish with bits of grated carrot and pineapple.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
Point of interest:
This is a delightful breakfast. It is nutrient dense and has loads of fibre.