Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves: 1 female
- Half a cup full fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Raspberries (or other berries or diced fruit of choice
- SMART CARBS
- 2 Tbsp dry Quinoa
- HEALTHY FAT:
- There is enough fat in Greek yoghurt
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Sprig of fresh mint
- Half cup water
- Small pot
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Put your quinoa and a generous half cup of water in the small pot to bring to the boil.
- As soon as the pot boils, turn it down low and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes until you can see the little seeds have popped open.
- In the meantime wash and finely chop your basil and mint leaves.
- Have your berries ready, cutting up any bigger ones so that they are all even sized.
- Remove from the heat and cover with a lid. Allow it to stand for another 5 minutes to steam up light and fluffy.
- Remove the lid and ‘fluff’ with a fork.
- Let it cool for a few minutes.
- Mix together the berries, the quinoa and the chopped herbs and spoon into a little bowl.
- Serve with the Greek yoghurt in a separate bowl.