Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
Serves: 1 female
- 1 piece of Kingklip or firm fish of choice (you can use salmon too)
- 2 medium beetroots, raw
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 1 cocktail green or red pepper
- SMART CARBS
- 1 big carrot
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- Half a lemon, juiced.
- Pinch chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- Thinly sliced chives for garnish
- Cutting board
- Glass dish for marinating fish
- Sharp knife
- Peel and grate the beetroots into a mixing bowl.
- Add the squeezed juice from half a lemon, half the chilli flakes, salt and pepper
- Take half the grated beetroot mix and spread it over the fish, packing it around the sides and underneath too.
- Set the fish aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180’C.
- While waiting, wash and dry lettuce leaves and break into small pieces.
- Slice the cucumber and the snack pepper thinly.
- Wash, peel and finely grate the carrot.
- Slice the chives finely.
- Take your marinated fish and scrape off all the beetroot mix, discard it.
- Brush the fish with olive oil and pop it in the oven on a baking tray for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet).
- Mix the remaining half of the grated beetroot mix with the grated carrot. Let it rest for 5 minutes while the fish finishes cooking.
- Plate the green salad and the grated vegetable salad.
- Carefully place your fish on the plate.
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and a sprinkle of chilli flakes and chives