Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves: 1 woman
- 1 scoop vanilla whey powder
- 3 small apricots
- SMART CARBS
- 1/3 cup oats (small, cupped handful)
- HEALTHY FAT:
- 1 level Tbsp coconut cream or real butter
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- splash vanilla extract
- xylitol for sweetening
- 2/3 cup water
- pinch salt
- small pot
- measuring spoons
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- Wash the apricots and cut 2 of them into small pieces
- Mix the oats, salt, water and chopped apricots together in the pot and bring to the boil for 3 to 5 minutes until the oats are cooked, the apricots are soft and the consistency is like thick.
- Take off the heat, add the coconut cream or butter.
- Mix and mash the apricot pieces with a fork.
- Add vanilla extract and the scoop of whey, stir well. Sweeten with xylitol as desired.
Serve into a breakfast bowl and top with slices of the last apricot.
Points of interest: Apricots are a really great source of vitamin A, C, B, potassium and fibre.