Recommended for: Breakfast or snack
Serves: 1 woman
- 1 cup full cream greek yoghurt
- VEGETABLES/FRUIT:1 apple
- Half a cup frozen cauliflower florets.
- SMART CARBS
- 1/3 cup oats or oat bran
- HEALTHY FAT:
- Enough fat in full cream yoghurt for this recipe.
- HERBS, SPICES AND EXTRAS:
- A pinch cinnamon
- A pinch nutmeg
- A cinnamon stick
- xylitol/sweetener of choice.
- A drop of vanilla OR bun spice essence
- small pot
- measuring cups
- Chop up your apple and put it in the small pot with half a cup of water.
- Poach the apple, with a cinnamon stick for 5 minutes on the stove to release the ‘baked apple’ flavours. Drain off excess water.
- Put the frozen cauliflower, yoghurt, pinch cinnamon, oats, nutmeg and sweetener in the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the poached apple and the bun spice/ vanilla essence and blend.
- Pour the mixture into a suitable glass and garnish with a cinnamon stick and a few slices apple.