- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Cooked, skinless chicken breast or thighs (hand palm size)
- Half a cup finely shredded purple cabbage or red chicory leaves.
- 1 lemon or lime (half cut into two wedges or slices, other half juiced.)
- 2 cups lettuce broken into bite-sized pieces.
- Half a small red pepper, chopped.
- Smart Carbs
- Half a cup diced papaya pieces.
- Healthy Fat
- Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- Herb, spices and extra
- Half a tsp chopped, fresh oregano.
- Spicy chicken spice.
- 1 tsp sugar-free berry jam
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Chopping board
- 2 small roasting pans
- Vegetable peeler
- Break up some spicy pre-cooked chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Break up 2 cups of loosely packed lettuce leaves of choice.
- Shred half a cup of purple cabbage finely.
- Deseed and chop the red pepper into little chunks.
- Cut a slice of papaya and cube it (you will need half a cup)
- Slice up or cube a quarter of an avocado.
- Cut the lemon or lime in half, squeeze the juice from half and slice the other half.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the avocado to prevent browning.
- Chop up half a tsp fresh oregano
- In a little jug, mix together the wine vinegar, sugar-free berry jam, oregano and oil, whisk well with a fork.
- Season the dressing to taste.
- Arrange all the salad ingredients on a plate.
- Add the spicy chicken pieces on top.
- Pour over the dressing
Points of interest: Papaya is rich in vitamin C, has loads of fibre and helps prevent the buildup of cholesterol in arteries.