- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 scoop vanilla protein whey.
- small handful fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 cup cucumber chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- Smart Carbs
- There is carbs in the whey
- Healthy Fat
- 1/4 avocado pear
- Tbsp chia seeds.
- Herbs, spices and extras
- 1 cup almond milk
- Half a cup chilled water/crushed ice
- Juice of half a lemon
- Add the Tbsp chia seeds to the half cup of the almond milk to soak for a few minutes.
- Quarter the avocado, remove the flesh from the peel and drop it in the blender.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado pear.
- Roughly dice the cucumber and add to the blender jug.
- Add the mint leaves.
- Add the spinach and the crushed ice.
- Mix the whey protein with the remaining almond milk (or milk of choice).
- Add the vanilla whey mix and the soaking chia seed mix to the blender jug.
- Whizz, whizz, whizz
- Pour the smoothie out into a glass and serve with a mint leaf and a cucumber slice.