- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 cup pork strips suitable for stir fry
- Half a red, yellow or green pepper, sliced thinly
- Half a cup of broken up broccoli
- 1 cup cauli-rice or zoodles (thin strips of zucchini)
- Smart Carbs
- 1 carrot
- Healthy Fat
- Tbsp coconut oil
- Herb, spices and extra
- Tsp Thai fish sauce
- Half tsp Thai 7 spice
- Pinch ginger
- Pinch paprika
- Pinch garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- Chopping board
- Sharp knives
- Frying pan
- Small pot
- Season the pork strips with salt and pepper.
- Clean and finely slice the peppers and cut the carrots into matchstick-size strips, break up the broccoli into small pieces
- Heat the frying pan until hot and add the coconut oil to quickly fry the pork strips till just cooked through about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot strips, broccoli and peppers and fry on high heat, stirring around all the time.
- Add the fish sauce, Thai 7 spice, garlic salt, paprika, ginger and salt to taste. Turn off the heat, but keep warm.
- Add a half cup of salted water to the pot and heat it, add the cauli- rice or zoodles and heat through for 2 minutes (cooks very quickly), continue to cook until water has been cooked away.
- Serve up the cauli-rice/ zoodles and top with the pork stirfry.