- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 or 5 spears of fresh asparagus (you can use broccoli or green beans instead)
- 1 medium carrot
- Smart Carbs
- 2 baby sweet potatoes (or half a larger sweet potato cut into pieces for roasting)
- Healthy Fat
- Tbsp olive oil
- Herb, spices and extra
- Herbal salt or vegetable seasoning
- Half a lemon, squeezed
- A pinch chicken spice
- Chopping board
- Sharp knife
- Pot for boiling
- Frying pan
- Preheat oven or air fryer to 180’C
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to the boil and a small pot of salted water to the boil.
- Rub the chicken breast with half the olive oil and the herb salt, chicken spice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pop the chicken breast in the oven/ air fryer for 15 minutes.
- Peel the carrot and slice it fairly thinly lengthwise.
- Put the small sweet potatoes and carrot slices in the medium pot to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Drop the asparagus spears in the small pot of boiling water to cook for 4 to 5 minutes depending on the thickness of the stalks.
- Remove the carrot and sweet potato from the pot.
- Heat the frying pan and add the last of the oil. Give the boiled sweet potatoes a quick fry to lightly brown them and season to taste.
- Drain the asparagus.
- Remove the chicken from the oven when cooked through but still tender.
- Plate your chicken breast
- Arrange the carrot and asparagus on the plate.
- Add the sweet potato.
- Pour any leftover cooking juices over the food.