- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp cottage cheese
- Half a cup chopped spinach
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- Smart Carbs
- 1 small OR half a medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into small cubes.
- Healthy Fat
- 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
- Herb, spices and extra
- Small individual skillet or small individual frying pan
- Chopping board
- Small pot
- Mixing bowl
- Put a small pot of water on to boil the potato cubes OR pop the potato cubes in the air fryer for about 10 minutes to cook.
- In the meantime, chop the spring onion, red pepper and break the spinach into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and fry the onion, pepper and spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Check the potato cubes are done and add them to the fried vegetables in the skillet, give a gentle mix.
- Beat the two eggs with the cottage cheese and pour over the vegetables.
- Return the skillet to the heat.
- Allow the egg to cook for a moment, then lift around the edges of the skillet and allow the raw egg on the top to run under the cooked egg.
- Repeat until the top of the frittata is looking like it is starting to cook, but is still a little wet.
- Remove from the heat and cover with a lid. (The top will cook gently)
- Serve in the skillet on a board OR carefully move the frittata out of the skillet and onto a plate.