- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Angelfish fillet OR another firm white fish of choice.
- 1 cup finely sliced raw spinach
- 1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
- 1 carrot, cut into small matchsticks
- Smart Carbs
- 1 orange
- Healthy Fat
- 1/4 avocado
- Herb, spices and extra
- Pinch cumin
- 2ml dijon mustard
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Mixing spoons
- Small oven tray
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Season your fish.
- Lightly spray a piece of foil big enough to wrap your fish.
- Place your fish on the foil, wrap the foil closed loosely and pop onto the oven tray into the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, shred your purple cabbage and spinach leaves finely.
- Peel the carrot, halve it and cut it into thin strips or ‘match sticks.’
- Slice two even slices of your orange and carefully trim the skin and white pith off the slices.
- Mash the avocado and squeeze in the juice from half the orange, mash and mix until a smooth dressing is formed.
- Add the dijon mustard and cumin to the dressing, season to taste.
- Add the dressing to the salad and stir to cover evenly.
- Check the fish and remove from the oven.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the purple cabbage, spinach and carrot salad.
- Place the fish fillet on top and garnish with the two orange slice.