- Recommended for: Lunch or light dinner
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 egg + a bit of raw egg for coating.
- Half a raw chicken breast
- 3 big strawberries
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp raw cauliflower- rice (very finely chopped cauliflower)
- Smart Carbs
- 1 Tbsp uncooked polenta
- Healthy Fat
- Tsp coconut oil
- Tsp olive oil
- Herb, spices and extra
- Tbsp finely chopped, fresh parsley
- 2 finely chopped fresh mint leaves.
- Tsp balsamic vinegar.
- Chopping board
- Baking dish
- Hard boil your egg and peel it. Set aside.
- Preheat oven/ air fryer to 180’C.
- Pop half a skinless, raw chicken breast, the cauliflower – rice and the chopped parsley in the blender and blend until it pulls together.
- Season this mixture very well with your choice of seasonings.
- Carefully pat out the chicken mixture on the palm of your hand and pop the boiled egg in the middle, fold the chicken mixture all around it and make sure the entire egg is covered evenly by the chicken mixture.
- Beat a raw egg and dip the scotch egg in the egg mix.
- Roll the dipped scotch egg in the raw polenta, making sure that it is totally covered.
- Pat the melted coconut oil over the polenta covered egg and pop the egg in a baking dish in the oven for about 12 minutes until the chicken layer is cooked through and the crispy polenta layer is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Mix the baby spinach leaves, the chopped mint and the thinly sliced strawberries in a bowl. Add the tsp olive oil mixed with a splash of balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange all the crunchy vegetable sticks and the cherry tomatoes on the serving plate.
- Add the sliced, cooled chicken breast pieces.
- Serve your dip in a little bowl to dip the vegetables and chicken into.