- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 woman, double up the portions for a male serving (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein.
- Half a cup of Bulgarian yoghurt.
- Half a frozen banana
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Smart Carbs
- 2 Tbsp raw oats
- Healthy Fat
- 1 level Tbsp almond butter (or other nut butter of choice)
- Herb, spices and extra
- Half tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- A quarter tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Half a cup of almond milk (or other milk)
- Added sweetener of choice if you choose it
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Measure all the ingredients out and pop them into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture into a beautiful glass and sprinkle with a little ginger powder.
Point of interest: Ginger is not just tasty.. it also serves as an anti-inflammatory and may reduce muscle pain and soreness.