- Recommended for: Lunch or supper
- Serves: 2 women or 1 man (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 cup cooked black beans, or used canned black beans if pressed for time.
- 1 big yellow bell pepper, quartered
- 1 red cubanelle pepper (longer ones)
- A half head of broccoli, broken into florets
- 2 big 1 cm thick slices eggplant/ aubergine
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 10 portobello mushrooms
- 8 sugar snap peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Chives or half a chopped onion
- 1 carrot
- Smart Carbs
- 1 big potato
- Healthy Fats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil for drizzling over veg to bake.
- 1 tbsp linseeds/ flax seeds, ground.
- Herbs, spices and extras
- Tsp garlic powder
- Tsp onion powder
- Tsp mustard seeds
- Quarter cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Bowls for mixing
- Frying pan
- Roasting pan
- Potato peeler
- Stick blender /processor
- Oven sheet
- Baking parchment
- Frying pan
- Preheat oven to 180″C.
- Sprinkle salt over the eggplant slices and leave to rest.
- Cut the bell pepper in quarters and halve the red long pepper and deseed them.
- Cut the portobello mushrooms in half.
- Crush and chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Peel and cube potato into 1 cm cubes.
- Peel and slice the carrot thinly.
- Boil the potato and carrot until cooked soft.
- While the carrots and potatoes are boiling, bring a third of a cup of water to the boil in a tiny pot.
- Add the linseeds to the boiling water and stir quickly in a round motion until it forms a ball. Take off the heat.
- On a piece of baking paper (sprayed with spray and cook) or silicon mat, roll out the linseed mix thinly (about 2mm)
- Rinse and squeeze out the eggplant slices.
- Place all the vegetables on a baking sheet sprayed with spray and cook.
- Drizzle the olive oil over them and season to taste, adding the garlic over the eggplant.
- Pop the vegetables in the oven to roast and the flax crackers in to bake in a separate tray for 20 minutes.
- Drain the potato and carrot mix and add the onion powder, garlic powder, mustard seeds and nutritional yeast (optional).
- Blend the mixture with a stick blender to make a thick, melted cheese consistency, adding a bit of water if necessary.
- Check the linseed crackers and roasting vegetables and remove from the oven when cooked through.
- Heat the black beans and add chives or finely chopped onion.
- Put the ‘mock cheese’ sauce in a bowl for dipping and place in the centre of the platter.
- Arrange all the different colour roasted vegetables around the centre bowl, making sure to alternate colours for effect.
- Break up the big linseed cracker into pieces and serve alongside.
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program on the 26th of July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!