- Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
- Serves: Four ladies or two men. (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 500g white fish
- 1 egg
- Half a red pepper, chopped roughly
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Tblsp coriander
- 3 Tblsp chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- Smart Carbs
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- Healthy Fat
- Tblsp olive oil
- 2 Tblsp coconut milk
- 2 Tblsp sesame oil
- Herbs, Spices, Extra
- Tblsp fish sauce (optional)
- Lemon juice and wedge
- Salt and pepper
- Dried chilli flakes
- White wine vinegar
- Chopped parsley
- Half tsp xylitol or stevia
- Food processor
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Garlic press
- Oven/ air fryer dish
- Measuring spoons
NB: Prep the fish mixture two hours before you need to cook.
- Place the fish, red pepper, chilli, coriander, chives, garlic, fish sauce, coconut milk, seasonings and egg into the blender and blend till smooth. Chill the mixture in the fridge for two hours.
- When you are ready to cook, shape the mixture into 12 patties and lightly brush them with olive oil.
- Preheat oven or air fryer at 200’C
- Place the fish cakes into the air fryer for 10 minutes, turning once during cooking OR place the fishcakes on an oven tray in the oven for 15 to 18 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Peel and chip the small sweet potatoes into thin chips and lightly rub a tsp olive oil over them all.
- Season well (to taste).
- Lay the chips in a single layer on an oven sheet and bake at 200’C
- While your fishcakes and chips are in the oven, spiralise or cut your cucumber and carrots into thin strips and pop them into a bowl.
- In a small cup or bowl mix together 50 ml lemon juice or wine vinegar with 2 Tblsp sesame oil. Add tsp chilli flakes, stevia/xylitol, seasoning to taste and chopped parsley. Beat with a fork and pour over the salad. Mix.
- Check if the fish cakes are golden brown and piping hot, remove from the oven.
- Check the chips and turn them if necessary, leave them for another 5 minutes.
- Plate your salad and fishcakes
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!