- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: One woman. Double up the ingredients for one man’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 egg white OR 1 scoop whey protein
- 100 ml of milk
- Half a banana
- Smart Carb
- A third of a cup raw oats
- Herbs, Spices, Extra
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh turmeric OR 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Half a tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon date syrup OR xylitol OR sweetener of choice
- 100ml of extra water
- Small Pot
- Fine Grater
- Teaspoon measure
- Measuring cups
- Grill or griddle to fry banana
- Place your oats, milk, extra water, half of your banana portion (mashed) and turmeric in the small pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and stir while cooking.
- As the oats thicken add the cinnamon and the egg white and whisk it into the hot mixture quickly. Alternately, if you choose to use a whey protein powder – mix it in now.
- Taste and sweeten more with your choice of sweetener until it is perfect for you.
- Take off the heat and set aside.
- Lightly fry or grill your remaining slice or two of banana for the topping.
- Spoon your golden oats into a bowl, place your grilled banana on top of the oats and sprinkle your roughly chopped walnuts and pumpkin seeds on top.
- Garnish with freshly grated turmeric.
- Add an extra splash of milk or yoghurt if desired.
This is a powerful bowl of goodness!
- Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory.
- Oats are loaded with antioxidants and soluble fibre.
- Cinnamon stabilizes blood sugar levels
*Pumpkin seeds and walnuts can be found at Montagu. We are super excited that they have agreed to contribute R8,000 worth of snacks to our Winter Challenge prizes!
Everyone loves to snack!
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!