- Recommended for: Lunch or supper
- Serves: Four women or two men (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, pre-cooked and cooled.
- 4 Tblsp cottage cheese, seasoned well.
- Red and yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- Peeled carrots, cut into thin strips
- Radishes, sliced thinly
- Red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of micro herbs
- 1 cup of broken up lettuce
- Healthy Fat
- 1 cup of linseeds/ flax seeds, ground fine.**
- 20 ml of olive oil
- Herbs, Spices, Extra
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Garlic salt
- Pinch turmeric
- Pinch ginger
- Tblsp balsamic vinegar
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Spray and cook
- Frying pan with low sides.. crepe pan would be ideal
- Chopping board
- Bring a cup of water to the boil in a pot on the stove
- Add a cup of ground linseed/flaxseed and stir vigorously until it forms a ball in the middle of the pot. Remove from heat.
- Divide the ball in quarters and roll the quarters out between two pieces of wax paper to form the shape and size of about a 15 to 20 cm wrap.
- Heat the crepe pan that has been sprayed with spray and cook
- One by one, remove each wrap from the grease proof and fry for about 1 minute on each side.
- Do not over cook because we want them to be bendable and soft, but cooked through.
- When the wraps are cooked, set them aside to rest, covered with a cloth.
- Slice all your fresh salad goodies thinly and tear your lettuce into bite sized pieces.
- Slice or tear your cooked chicken.
- Spread each wrap with a Tbsp of cottage cheese and season well with your choice of spices.
- Add your favourite peppers, micro herbs, lettuce, julienne carrots and chicken onto your wrap.
- Sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar and olive oil over your filling.
- Roll it up neatly and make sure to stick it closed with a bit of the cottage cheese
- Plate your wrap on a bed of lettuce
- If you feel creative you can tie a little ‘string’ made of a strip of spring onion, chive or a strip of leek around each wrap.
Please note that this is a lower carb meal with only carbs in the form of fresh salads
*Linseed and flax seeds can be found at Montagu. We are super excited that they have agreed to contribute R8,000 worth of snacks to our Winter Challenge prizes!
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program on the 26th of July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!