- Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
- Serves: 1 female portion of double up for a male portion. (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 Chicken breast (skinless and deboned)
- 1 cups mixed salad
- 1/4 onion
- Smart Carbs
- 1 small apple, red or green. I chose green.
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 pitted olives
- Herbs, Spices, Extra
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 Tblsp apple cider vinegar
- Lemon juice
- Big skillet/frying pan
- smaller frying pan
- chopping board
- chopping knife
- salad bowl
- Slice or cube the apples and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Chop two tablespoons full of fresh Rosemary finely.
- Heat the olive oil in the frying pan and add the onions.
- Fry till just browning slightly, remove from the pan.
- Rub half the Rosemary over all the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and brown the chicken pieces slightly, remove and set aside.
- Toss the apples in the pan and cook for a few minutes with the apple cider vinegar.
- Add the onions and chicken back into the pan with the remaining rosemary and mix all the ingredients together.
- Turn down the heat and cook till apples are just getting softer.
- Turn off the heat and let stand with a lid on to stay warm.
- Put together your choice of mixed salad.
- Arrange about a cup of salad on your plate.
- Spoon your olives alongside the salad.
- Serve up your chicken, apple and rosemary.
- Spoon the delicious juices from the pan over the chicken
Optional: Grill a round of apple for garnish.