A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Success Story turned Coach, Sylvia Frank (read more about her here).
Carefully designed to fit in with the Sleekgeek Food List, Healthy Meal Template, and Portion Control Guide.
- Recommended for: Lunch or dinner
- Serves: 1 woman’s portion – double the ingredients for 1 man’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 120 g cooked prawns OR fresh, cleaned prawns fried quickly in a hot pan.
- Half a cup frozen peas
- 1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- Smart Carbs
- A quarter cup of brown rice
- Healthy Fat
- 6 raw cashew nuts
- Herbs, Spices, Extra
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch cumin
- 2 slices lemon
- Small Pot
- Frying pan
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Serving plate
- Bring the small pot with 1.5 cups of water to the boil.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and the quarter cup of brown rice.
- Boil for 10 minutes, turn the heat down to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, chop up your spring onions and coriander.
- Crush your clove of garlic.
- Halve your cashew nuts and dry fry just to brown slightly in a frying pan. Set aside.
- Rinse the frozen peas and drain off excess water.
- In the frying pan add the cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, crushed garlic, spring onions and coriander.
- Add the cooked prawns and toss all the pan’s contents together to marry the flavours.
- In another small pan dry fry your lemon slices till just golden in patches.
- By now your rice should be ready to strain.
- Strain off all excess fluid from the rice and add the rice to the prawn mixture.
- Add the peas and stir through to warm them.
- Stir everything around over gentle heat. Take off heat. Set aside.
- Choose a serving dish.
- Spoon your delicious brown rice and prawn pilaf onto your dish.
- Sprinkle a few bits of chopped coriander or spring onions over the top.
- Arrange the lemon slices at the side.
- Sprinkle your roasted cashews on top.
Prepare your mouth for a host of delicious textures and sensations.
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program on the 26th of July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!