A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Success Story turned Coach, Sylvia Frank (read more about her here).
Carefully designed to fit in with the Sleekgeek Food List, Healthy Meal Template, and Portion Control Guide.
Recommended for: Lunch
- Quality Protein
- 3 tuna steaks (about the size of the palm of your hand)
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce/greens of choice
- 3 or 4 leaves of red bok choy (optional)
- 1 cup watercress/ other fresh micro herbs of choice
- Smart Carb
- 1.5 cups full of juicy blackberries
- Healthy Fat
- 1 medium avocado pear
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- Fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- A little coconut oil or spray and cook for frying.
- Cutting board
- Cutting knife
- Salad plate or bowl
- Frying pan
- Heat your frying pan and add a little oil or spray and cook.
- Fry your tuna steaks for about two minutes on each side only.
- Remove from the heat and leave the fish steaks to rest and cool.
- Break your lettuce up into bite size pieces and lay them out on your serving plate.
- Break up your red bok choy into
bite sizepieces and sprinkle over lettuce,
- Pinch off the leaves of your watercress or micro herbs and toss these evenly over the salad bed of leaves.
- Arrange your blackberries evenly over the salad.
- Peel your avocado and cube the flesh.
- Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the avocado, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper. Coat gently all over in lemon juice to avoid browning of flesh.
- Arrange your avocado cubes evenly over the salad platter.
- Season a little extra as desired to personal taste.
- Slice your cooled tuna steaks, season lightly and serve alongside the salad.
This has to be the simplest, most delicately delicious light meal ever! Sometimes food needs no frills!