- Recommended for: Lunch or Dinner
Serves:1 Women’s portion – double up ingredients for 1 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Palm size filleted Angel Fish or fish of choice
- Colourful Veggies
- 1 cup Broccoli spears or pieces
- 1/4 cup Polenta (ground corn)
- Smart Carb
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato, peeled and finely grated
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tsp coconut or olive oil
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- crushed garlic (optional)
- mixed herbs
- spray and cook
- water (1 cup for cooking Polenta and 2 cups for boiling broccoli)
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- small pot
- frying pan
- medium pot
- Put the quarter cup polenta in the small pot with half a tsp salt, half a tsp mixed herbs of choice and a grind of pepper.
- Bring to the boil while stirring constantly until the polenta thickens.Remove from heat for a few minutes.
- Start off your broccoli in the medium pot with a pinch of salt added for about 5 -7 minutes, drain. Set aside with the lid on to stay warm.
- At this point add the finely grated sweet potato to the polenta and pop back on a medium heat and continue stirring for about another 5-7 minutes or until the polenta/potato mix starts to pull away from the edges of the pot.
- Scoop the mixture out into a small rectangular dish to rest and firm up a little.
- Season your fish with salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice (to taste) and fry it in a lightly oiled frying pan (use the coconut/olive oil and a spray of spray and cook)
- Fry on each side for about 3 -4 minutes (depending on thickness and type of fish), it must be cooked through and flake easily.
- Simply dish up your piece of fish onto a plate.
- Add your broccoli.
- Scoop (or cut half the polenta/potato blend into a few slices) and add to the plate. Keep the other half of the mix in the fridge for a BONUS recipe extra at the bottom of this recipe.
- Garnish with red pickled peppers and a lemon wedge.
BONUS RECIPE HINT:
(For those who want to be extra creative!)
- Use the leftover polenta/sweet potato mix to make oven chips or toast by cutting the set mixture into chips or slices and baking them in an air fryer or an oven for about 10 minutes at 200’C
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).