- Recommended for: Dinner
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 4 skinless, filleted chicken breasts
- Colourful Veggies
- 4 cups green beans, fresh or frozen
- Smart Carb
- 1 full cup uncooked quinoa
- Halthy Fat
- 20ml coconut oil
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- 1 level Tbsp cornflour
- juice from pickled lemons or fresh juice from one lemon
- rosemary (optional)
- crushed garlic for beans (optional)
- cherry tomato garnish
- frying pan
- cutting knife
- cutting board
- tablespoon measure
- cup measure
- Cut your chicken fillets into little strips
- Sprinkle the strips with the tablespoon of cornflour and quickly roll the strips around to lightly coat.
- Pour the pickled lemon juice over the chicken or squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the chicken. Add salt, pepper and herbs to taste. Toss the pieces to mix evenly and stand aside for 15 minutes. (The cornflour is an incredible tenderiser.)
- Bring 3 cups of water to the boil in the saucepan and add 1 tsp salt.
- Add the full cup pf quinoa and let it cook for 10 minutes or until water is gone. Toss so that it stays light and fluffy. Leave to stand on the warm hotplate that was just turned off.
- Heat a frying pan and put the tablespoon of coconut oil in it.
- Toss the chicken pieces into the hot pan and fry on high heat quickly until just cooked through. (It helps to do this in two or three batches to ensure a quick fry instead of a stew caused by a pan that was too full)
- Set aside the cooked chicken , still in the heated pan to keep warm.
- Flash fry your beans in a little splash of water with a sprinkle of salt and a crushed garlic clove. Toss and fry until the water evaporates and the beans are dry frying. Turn off the heat.
- For women: Serve a half a cup of quinoa, 1 cup of beans and a quarter of the chicken pieces.
- For men: Serve a cup of quinoa, up to two cups of beans and half of the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and enjoy.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!