- Recommended for: Lunch or Dinner
- Serves: 1 Women’s portions or double up for a male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 100g raw lean beef mince
- 1 egg
- Colourful Veggies
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green beans (frozen or fresh)
- Smart Carb
- 1/2 large or 1 medium sweet potatoes
- Healthy Fat
- 25 ml coconut oil
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- pinch dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- half tsp white pepper
- chopped fresh herbs of choice or a pinch of Italian herbs
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Garlic crusher
- A small loaf pan or small square baking dish (about 12cmx12cm)
- Peel your sweet potatoes and slice them length ways into 5mm slices.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil and pop the sweet potato slices in it for a few minutes till just soft and bendy.
- Grease your baking tin with the coconut oil, but keep a tsp for later.
- Preheat oven/airfryer at 180’C.
- Line the tin on bottom and sides with the potato slices. Reserve some slices for the top.
- Mix together your lean mince, chopped onion and chopped red pepper in a bowl.
- Add an egg and mix.
- Add mustard powder, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Mix very well and tip the mixture out into the sweet potato lined tin.
- Smooth out the mince mixture evenly and cover with the top layer of slices, taking care to tuck the ends down between the mince and the sides of the tin to make a neat, sealed ‘parcel.’
- Drizzle the remaining coconut oil on top and pop it in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Gently turn out onto a baking tray and pop back in oven at 200’C for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest while you put a saucepan onto the stove top and gently cook/stirfry your beans in a splash of hot water with a little onion. Season to taste.
- Slice the sweet potato/mince pie in 1.5cm slices
- Serve with a generous helping of the green beans.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).