- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion – double up for 1 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 2 eggs, boiled and halved.
- Colourful Veggies
- 1 cup frozen spinach or 2 cups fresh, raw baby spinach.
- Smart Carb
- 3 medium or 4 small, thin slices of sweet potato, briefly microwaved for about 40 seconds.
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
squeezeof lemon (optional)
- crushed garlic (optional)
- frying pan
- sharp knife
- egg boiler or small pot
- small baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 180’C
- Thinly slice the sweet potato and microwave for 40 seconds.. or drop in boiling water for about 40 seconds just to soften and par cook.
- Dry the potato slices and rub the tsp of coconut oil on them.
- Sprinkle the slices with a little salt and lay them on the baking sheet
- Pop them into the oven or air fryer for 8-10 minutes or until slightly crispy. Set aside.
- Get your eggs on to boil or pop them in an egg boiler.
- Start wilting your fresh spinach in a little salted water or fry your frozen spinach with a splash of water until it is cooked through. Drain any excess water.
- Peel and halve your boiled eggs.
- Season the spinach with some salt to taste and garlic or lemon if you choose.
- Simply arrange your eggs and sweet potato toast on your plate.
- Press your cooked spinach into a small ramekin or bowl and turn it out onto the plate. (or just spoon the spinach onto the plate)
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).